5 Things to Do Before 2015 Ends
Can you believe that we only have 16 days before we embark on another year? I feel like 2015 has been a complete blur because it went by extremely fast. So before we say goodbye to 2015 and hello to 2016 here is a list of 5 things to do in order to bring this year to a close.
1. Prioritize work and school projects- Prioritize what needs to be done for work and school before the year is over. You do not want to enter a new year stressed out because you didn’t do the work that was due in 2015, in 2015. Enter 2016 with as much of a clean slate as possible. So prioritize what needs to be done now and DO IT NOW.
2. Get your financial documents in order– Make an appointment with your financial advisor if you have one or just keep track of your money including savings and retirement funds. This includes tax documents, donations, receipts, school loans, credit reports, etc. Make sure your money is right or that you have a plan to get it right.
3. Purge and Clean!– “How you end one year is how you enter another.” I don’t know who originally said this, but my mother has always told me this. So do not enter the new year with any baggage or mess. Clean! Whether that’s your house, apartment, your closet, desk at work, phone (yes do a purge) clean out the things you want to leave behind. Yes, this is easier said than done, but start small. Purging is good for the soul.
4. Call a Friend or Family Member– Call or meet up with a friend or family member you have not seen in a while. It is always great to hear a familiar voice or see a familiar face. Life happens so quickly and you do not want to miss the opportunities to reconnect. Begin to prioritize those relationships for 2016.
5. Reflect- Make a list of your accomplishments this year. Think about what you want to accomplish next year. This will help you prepare for 2016 because you have a starting point of tasks you want to complete and goals you want to reach.
Are you ready for 2016?